Workers' Compensation FAQ's

Quetion: Can I Sue If My Employer Disputes My Claim?

Contact a Iowa work comp lawyer representing clients in Webster City, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

Answer: Generally, workers’ compensation claims are handled by an administrative agency rather than the court system.  Because workers’ compensation claims are outside of the court system, these claims have different rules than a traditional lawsuit.  However, once the agency process, including administrative hearings, has been exhausted, the employee or the employer may appeal to either a workers’ compensation appeal board or to a court.

In some states, if an employer or an employee is not satisfied with the workers’ compensation appeal board’s decision, they may then appeal that decision to the civil court system.  This process is specific to each state.  A workers’ compensation lawyer will be able to tell you how the process works in your state and guide you through that process.

If you would like to schedule your initial consultation contact an Iowa workers' compensation attorney, representing clients in Webster City, Iowa at the Lipman Law Firm. Give us a call at (515) 276-3411 or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..